- You own any content or source code that you provide and you're responsible for keeping it safe.
- The Terms of Service, product itself, and our prices may change over time. We'll warn you 30 days in advance of any price changes. We'll try to warn you about major changes to the Terms of Service or website features or functionality, but we make no guarantees.
- That's the basic idea, but you must read through the entire Terms of Service below and agree with all the details before you use any of our sites (whether or not you have created an account).
The Fine Print
- This document is an adaptation of the Heroku Terms of Service which itself is derivative of the Google App Engine Terms of Service. The original work has been modified with permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Neither Heroku, Inc. nor Google, Inc. is connected with, sponsors, or endorses TaxFree Shopping or its use of the work.
- You're welcome to adapt and use this document for your own needs. If you make an improvement, we'd appreciate it if you would let us know so we can consider improving our own document.
Your Agreement with TaxFree Shopping, Ltd.
- Your use of the TaxFree Shopping service is governed by this agreement (the "Terms"). "TaxFree Shopping" means TaxFree Shopping, Ltd. The "Service" means the services TaxFree Shopping makes available including our web sites (TaxFree Shopping), our blog, our API, and any other software, sites, and services offered by TaxFree Shopping in connection to any of those. "Customer Content" means any site-specific access information, source code, or other content you submit to TaxFree Shopping for the purpose of using the Service. "Content" means all content generated by TaxFree Shopping on your behalf (including test results) and does not include Customer Content.
- In order to use the Service, you (the "Customer", "You", or "Your") must first agree to the Terms. You understand and agree that TaxFree Shopping will treat your use of the Service as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
- TaxFree Shopping may make changes to the Terms from time to time. You may reject the changes by terminating your account. You understand and agree that if you use the Service after the date on which the Terms have changed, TaxFree Shopping will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms.
If you have any question about the Terms, please contact us at
- You may not use the Service if you are a person barred from receiving the Service under the laws of the United States or other countries, including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Service.
- You may not use the service unless you are over the age of 13.
- You must be a human. Accounts created by automated methods are not permitted.
Use of the Service
- You must provide accurate and complete registration information any time you register to use the Service.
- You are responsible for the security of your passwords and for any use of your account.
- Your use of the Service must comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- You agree to not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Service.
- TaxFree Shopping reserves the right to enforce quotas and usage limits (to any resources, including the API) at its sole discretion, with or without notice, which may result in TaxFree Shopping disabling or throttling your usage of the Service for any amount of time.
- You may not allow multiple people to use the same account or otherwise access the Service in a manner intended to avoid incurring fees.
Service Policies and Privacy
Fees for Use of the Service
- The Service may be provided to you without charge up with certain limits or for a certain "trial" period of time.
- Usage over this limit (or after the "trial" period) requires your purchase of additional resources or services.
- For all purchased resources and services, we will charge your credit card on a monthly basis.
- Payments are non-refundable unless otherwise noted. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
- Charges are solely based on TaxFree Shopping's measurements of your use of the Service, unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and related billing and payment information that you provide to TaxFree Shopping may be shared by TaxFree Shopping with companies who work on TaxFree Shopping's behalf, such as payment processors and/or credit agencies, solely for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment to TaxFree Shopping and servicing your account.
- TaxFree Shopping may change its fees and payment policies for the Service by notifying you at least thirty (30) days before the beginning of the billing cycle in which such change will take effect.
Cancellation and Termination
- You must cancel your account by visiting the product website. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation.
- You will not receive any refunds if you cancel your account unless otherwise noted by your contract with the Service.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current billing cycle, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- All Customer Content and Content will, within a reasonable amount of time to be determined solely by TaxFree Shopping, be deleted from the Service upon cancellation.
- You agree that TaxFree Shopping, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate or suspend your account. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service may be without prior notice, and you agree that TaxFree Shopping will not be liable to you or any third party for such termination.
- TaxFree Shopping claims no ownership or control over any Customer Content. You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in the Customer Content and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate.
- You agree to assume full responsibility for configuring the Service to allow appropriate access to any Customer website data or source code provided to the Service.
- You retain sole responsibility for any collaborators or third-party services that you allow to view Customer Content and entrust them at your own risk.
- TaxFree Shopping is not responsible if you fail to configure, or misconfigure, your project and inadvertently allow unauthorized parties to view any Customer Content.
Ideas and Feedback
- You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including but not limited to ideas about improving the Service or our products ("Ideas"). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is unsolicited and without restriction and will not place TaxFree Shopping under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone.
Modification of the Service
- You acknowledge and agree that the Service may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
- Changes include, without limitation, changes to fee and payment policies, security patches, added or removed functionality, and other enhancements or restrictions.
- TaxFree Shopping shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- The Services may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources or email content. You acknowledge and agree that TaxFree Shopping is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources.
License from TaxFree Shopping and Restrictions
- TaxFree Shopping gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by TaxFree Shopping as part of the Service. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Service, in the manner permitted by the Terms.
- You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to): (a) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Service or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by TaxFree Shopping, in writing (e.g., through an open source software license or otherwise); or (b) attempt to disable or circumvent any security mechanisms used by the Service.
- Open source software licenses for components of the Service released under an open source license constitute separate written agreements. To the limited extent that the open source software licenses expressly supersede these Terms, the open source licenses govern your agreement with TaxFree Shopping for the use of the components of the Service released under an open source license.
Exclusion of Warranties
- You expressly understand and agree that your use of the service is at your sole risk and that the service is provided "as is" and "as available."
- You agree that TaxFree Shopping has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content and other communications maintained or transmitted through use of the Service. You further acknowledge that you are solely responsible for securing and backing up Customer Content.
- TaxFree Shopping does not warrant to you that: (a) your use of the service will meet your requirements, (b) your use of the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error, (c) the results or data provided by the Service will be accurate, (d) the quality of the service will meet your expectations and (e) any errors in the Service will be fixed.
Limitation of liability
- You expressly understand and agree that TaxFree Shopping, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but not be limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation, any loss of data suffered, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or other intangible loss (whether or not TaxFree Shopping has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising).
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify TaxFree Shopping, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, advertisers, licensors, suppliers or partners (collectively "TaxFree Shopping and Partners") from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to (a) Your breach of the Terms, (b) Your use of the Service, (c) Your violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with the Service, or (d) Your Customer Content, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, TaxFree Shopping will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
General Legal Terms
- The Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and TaxFree Shopping and govern your use of the Service and completely replace any prior agreements between you and TaxFree Shopping in relation to the Service.
- You agree that if TaxFree Shopping does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which TaxFree Shopping has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of TaxFree Shopping's rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to TaxFree Shopping.
- TaxFree Shopping shall not be liable for failing or delaying performance of its obligations resulting from any condition beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, governmental action, acts of terrorism, earthquake, fire, flood or other acts of God, labor conditions, power failures, and Internet disturbances.
- TaxFree Shopping, Ltd. will collect certain non-identifying information about you as you use our sites. We may use this data to better understand our users and build a better service. We can also publish this data, but only if the data will portray a large group of users, not individuals.
- We may also ask you to provide personal information, but you'll always be able to opt out. If you give us personal information, we won't do anything evil with it.
- We can also collect information via cookies, but you can choose not to store these. However, if you choose to disable cookies this may impact your ability to use our services.
The Fine Print
- TaxFree Shopping, Ltd. ("TaxFree Shopping") makes available services including our web sites (TaxFree Shopping), our blog, our API, and any other software, sites, and services offered by TaxFree Shopping in connection to any of those (taken together, the "Service"). It is TaxFree Shopping's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
- Like most website operators, TaxFree Shopping collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. TaxFree Shopping also collects anonymized information about how visitors use the Service. TaxFree Shopping collects this information for purposes such as billing, quality of service improvement, contact, and feature development / research. From time to time, TaxFree Shopping may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website or a summary of common website problems found through analysis of customer data.
- TaxFree Shopping also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. TaxFree Shopping does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below. We may also collect and use IP addresses to block users who violated our Terms of Service.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
- Certain visitors to TaxFree Shopping's websites choose to interact with TaxFree Shopping in ways that require TaxFree Shopping to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that TaxFree Shopping gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. TaxFree Shopping collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with TaxFree Shopping. TaxFree Shopping does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Service-related activities.
- Additionally, some interactions, such as posting a comment, may ask for optional personal information. For instance, when posting a comment, may provide a website that will be displayed along with a user's name when the comment is displayed. Supplying such personal information is completely optional and is only displayed for the benefit and the convenience of the user.
- TaxFree Shopping may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to the Service. For instance, TaxFree Shopping may monitor the most popular parts of the TaxFree Shopping. TaxFree Shopping may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, TaxFree Shopping does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
- TaxFree Shopping discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on TaxFree Shopping's behalf or to provide services available at TaxFree Shopping's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Service, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. TaxFree Shopping will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, TaxFree Shopping discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when TaxFree Shopping believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of TaxFree Shopping, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of the Service and have supplied your email address, TaxFree Shopping may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with TaxFree Shopping and our products. We primarily use our website and blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. TaxFree Shopping takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- TaxFree Shopping uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service. You understand that although you retain full rights to your data, it may be stored on third party storage and transmitted through third party networks.